An Exceptional District
- The Ladue School District comprises all or part of 10 self-governed communities in St. Louis County, and encompasses approximately 19 square miles with a population of more than 27,000 residents. Currently, only 23% of district residents have students currently attending at least one of our schools.
- The Ladue School District is comprised of an early childhood center, four K-4 elementary schools, a Fifth Grade Center, a middle school and a high school. More than 4,000 students attend our schools, and approximately 850 students receive services through the Ladue Early Childhood Center through programs such as Parents As Teachers, Parents and Children Together and preschool classes.
- The student body is socio-economically diverse with a graduation rate consistently exceeding 90 percent with 91% of 2018 graduates continuing on to college.
- The parents and community residents are highly active in the schools and serve as members of Board of Education advisory committees, strategic planning initiatives, task forces and parent organizations.
- The district experienced a rapid enrollment increase beginning in 2003, with enrollment increasing 23% (nearly 750 students) over the next ten years and exceeding 4,000 students for the first time since 1978 in the 2013-14 school year. On the official 2018 Missouri “Count Day,” the district’s total enrollment was 4,235.
- For the 2018-19 school year, the district established an operating budget of $63.5 million, with anticipated revenue of $68.75 million. Of total district revenue, 86 percent is derived from local sources, the majority of which comes from property taxes.
The demographics of the Ladue School are often surprising to those who are not in our schools on a regular basis. The following information will help you get to know us better.
Attendance & Graduation
Student Attendance Days: 178 days (2018)
Graduation Rate: 97.23% (Class of 2018)
Graduates attending a 2- or 4-year college/university – 91% (Class of 2018)
Financial Information (2018)
Operating Budget: $63.5 million (80% of revenues derived from local sources)
2018 Per Pupil Expenditure: $16,623
Students Eligible for Free & Reduced Lunch (2017-18): 10.5%
Teacher Salary Range: $43,551-$103,738
Average Teacher Salary: $70,805
Percentage of Total Operating Budget for Salaries & Benefits: 76.53%
Assessed Valuation (as of Dec. 31, 2017): $1,638,871,770
2018-19 Tax Rates:
$3.24 (personal property)
Debt Service: $0.78
Teachers & Classrooms (2018-19)
Full-Time Classroom Teachers: 306
Teachers with 10 or More Years of Experience: 202
Teachers with Advanced Degrees: 342
Student to Certified Staff (K-12): 12:1
Student to Administrator Staff (K-12): 169:1
ACT Test Scores (Class of 2018)
SAT Test Scores (Class of 2018)
|Critical Reading/Writing Mean||Math Mean|
Distinctions & Recognitions
The Ladue School District is widely recognized as one of the premier public school districts in the nation, whether it be for the caliber of the teaching, the hard work and character of our students and staff, or for transparent and conscientious district management.
- The district has earned the prestigious “Distinction in Performance” Award from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) each year the award has been given since 2001.
- For the past 20 years, the National Merit Program has recognized approximately 10 percent of the members of each graduating class as a finalist, semifinalist or commended student.
- The district has five National Blue Ribbon Schools (two schools have been recognized twice) and three Missouri Gold Star Schools (two schools have been recognized twice).
- The district has two National Schools of Character: Ladue Middle School (2014) and Reed Elementary School (2018).
- The district holds a AAA rating from Standard and Poor’s and is one of the few public school districts in Missouri, and one of less than 100 in the nation, to hold this designation.
- In 2014 and 2016, the Ladue School District was recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces based on the results of an employee survey conducted by Workplace Dynamics.
For more information about the district’s recognitions, or to peruse recent initiatives and historic milestones, please visit the District History page.