Bus Running Late?
If your child’s bus is late and you would like to check its status, or if you have questions about late service transportation or need assistance after 4:30 p.m., call Missouri Central, the transportation provider, at 314-428-2400. The dispatcher will be able to check on the status of the route. They are in constant radio contact with bus drivers and can also track our buses by GPS.
- Due to variations in weather and traffic, a bus may arrive at a scheduled pick-up stop within a five-minute window (earlier or later) of the time listed on the bus route schedule.
- If a bus is running more than 15 minutes late, a ParentLink voice message will be sent to your primary phone number as listed on Infinite Campus. This information will be emailed, as well.
Regular Bus Routes
Please note that pick up and drop-off times are now noted separately. Please also review “When Should Students Be at the Bus Stop” below. (Late Start bus information can be found at the bottom of this page.)
When Should Students Be at the Bus Stop?
Due to variations in weather and traffic, a bus may arrive at a scheduled stop within a five-minute window (earlier or later) of the time listed on the bus route schedule. Therefore, parents/guardians are asked to make sure a student is at his/her assigned stop at least five minutes before the scheduled pick up time and wait at least five minutes after the scheduled time to inquire about a late bus.
Required Bus Permission Forms
Safety is our primary concern, and we thank you for trusting the district with transporting your child safely to and from school. With safety in mind, we are continuing to require the use of the following two forms.
- Permission to Release – For Kindergarten and First-Grade Students Only. Students in kindergarten and first grade must be met at the bus stop at drop-off and will only be released to people on record as having permission to meet them. Please complete the Permission to Release form and submit it prior to the beginning of school as instructed on the form.
- Bus Pass – This form is required at those times when your child must ride a bus not covering their usual route. In order for your request to be considered, this form must be completed and returned to your child’s school secretary 24 hours prior to the requested change. Please note that bus passes may not be available on all routes if there is concern about having available space.
How are Bus Stops Determined?
For both time and cost efficiencies, the district adheres to the following basic guidelines in determining bus routes and stops:
- Bus Transportation is not provided for students living less than one mile from their school.
- For grades K-8, if a cul-de-sac, or neighborhood, is less than a half-mile deep from the main entrance, students will be picked up and dropped off from the entrance to the subdivision or street.
- For high school students, if a cul-de-sac, or neighborhood, is less than a mile deep from the main entrance, students will be picked up and dropped off from the entrance to the subdivision or street.
- No individual house stops will be made unless specifically required by a student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), or if there is a safety concern, as determined by law enforcement officials, regarding a student’s ability to walk safely to the closest stop.
After School Transportation
The district offers late service transportation for high school and middle school students as outlined below. Please note: Late service transportation buses do not follow normal morning and afternoon home-school routes. Late service buses primarily drop students off at main intersections and drop-off times may vary greatly depending on the number of students using the service and where those students reside.
If you have questions about late service transportation, or need assistance after 4:30 p.m., please contact Missouri Central at 314-428-2400.
High School: Late service transportation is provided on a daily basis, with the exception of Early Release days.
- Late service buses are provided at 4:20 p.m and 5:20 p.m. The 5:20 p.m. activity bus is only intended for students needing transportation after athletic practice.
- On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, two buses provide transportation to the entire district at 4:20 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.
- On Monday, one bus provides transportation to the entire district at 4:20 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.
- On Friday, one bus provides transportation to the entire district at 5:20 p.m.
- No late service buses are provided on Early Release days.
Middle School: Late service transportation is provided on Tuesday and Thursday, with buses leaving the school between 4:25 – 4:35 p.m. Five buses provide transportation for the entire district.
If you are interested in more information, below are the three district policies regarding buses and transportation:
- Student Conduct on School Transportation
- Student Transportation Services
- School Bus Scheduling and Routing